Create a colorful sticker to hang in your window!
- Elmer's 3D Washable Paint Pens™
- Coloring Book Page
- Plastic Wrap;
- Masking Tape
- Choose a page from a coloring book. Set it on a flat surface.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the coloring page. Tape the corners of the plastic wrap to the flat surface so that it doesn't move.
- Trace the picture on the coloring book page using Elmer's 3D Washable Paint Pens™. Then, fill in the outlines.
- Let the paint dry for 16 to 24 hours. Light-colored spots indicate that the paint is not completely dry.
- Carefully remove the window sticker from the plastic wrap. It will cling to most smooth surfaces!
- Have older students create a freestyle design for their window sticker. Encourage them to write their name or the name of their favorite sports team or music group. Make sure the letters connect to one another.
- Ask students to write a caption to go along with their stickers. The caption should describe their sticker in one or two sentences. Hang students' stickers in a classroom window. Post students' captions below their stickers.
- Why does the sticker cling to a window? Ask students to brainstorm why they think this happens. Encourage students to experiment. Will the sticker stick to all flat surfaces? What about bumpy or rough surfaces?