Spooky Egg-Carton Witch
Spook your friends with this scary egg-carton craft for kids!
- 1. Cut off the lid from the egg carton. Use the bottom section of the egg carton for this project.
- Cut off one end of the egg carton so that you have a four-cup square. Use the square for this project.
- Paint the egg carton green. Let the paint dry completely.
- Use a black marker to color in the bottom of the top two egg cups. They will be the witch's eyes.
- Glue black yarn onthe sides of the egg carton to create stringy hair. Make bushy eyebrows from the black yarn, and glue them above the eyes.
- Use a black marker to draw warts on the raised bumps of the egg carton. The center bump is the witch's nose, and the bottom bump is the witch's chin.
- Cut a triangle and an oval from a sheet of black construction paper. Roll the triangle into a cone, and glue it to the top of the oval for a hat. Glue the hat to the top of the egg carton. Let the glue dry completely.
- Hang up the egg-carton craft witch to scare your friends!
- Have students write spooky stories about the witches they created. Give students a prompt to help them get started, such as "It was a dark and eerie night, and the witch sat all alone…" Hang students' stories and egg-carton crafts around the classroom.
- Make a witch's brew! Find an easy recipe for a Halloween punch. Allow students to measure all of the ingredients for the punch and help mix it.
- Ask students to write simple poems about their witches. Then, have a poetry reading. Encourage students to read their poems aloud to the rest of the class.