Create an imaginative piece of art with Elmer's glue paint!
- Elmer's Glue-All™
- Food Coloring
- Pour the desired amount of Elmer's glue into a bowl.
- Add food coloring to the glue. The more food coloring that you add the darker the paint will be.
- Mix the glue and the food coloring together.
- Use the glue paint mixture to paint posters, projects, T-shirts, and more!
- Food coloring can stain clothing. Be very careful when working with it. Protect fabrics and surfaces that you do not want to be stained.
- Have students do all of the measuring and mixing for this activity. Give students a specific amount of glue to measure and pour. Then, give students a specific number of food coloring drops to add to the glue. Discuss the use of fractions when working with measurements.
- Discuss the color wheel with students. Ask students to name the three primary colors—red, blue, and yellow. Then, ask students to name the three secondary colors—orange, purple, and green. Show students that you can mix two primary colors, such as blue and yellow, to get a primary color, green!
- Encourage students to paint a beautiful nature scene with glue paint. Then, have students write a caption to describe their painting. The caption should describe the scene in one or two descriptive sentences.