OUR UNIVERSE DISPLAY
Create an exciting display with Project Popperz® Embellishments… it’ll be outa-this-world!
- Project Popperz® Planets and Space Embellishments
- Elmer's® Tri-Fold Foam Display Board, Black, opens to 36" x 48"
- Elmer's® Foam Board, White, 20" x 30" x 3/16"
- CraftBond™ All Purpose Glue Stick
- CraftBond™ Glue Tape Runner, Permanent
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Gripster® Knife (with new blade)
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors
- Space content - information from Internet, books, etc.
- 12" x 12" light blue scrapbook paper
- Silver glitter spray (Design Master®)
1. Open Elmer's® Tri-Fold Foam Display Board on work table. Peel and place Project Popperz® Corners on four corners of Board. Peel and position Popperz® Repositionable Border in between each Corner square. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors to trim Borders to fit, as needed.
2. To make title banner, use pencil to lightly draw a 3" wide banner shape diagonally across 12" x 12" scrapbook paper. (See photo.) Use 8" Scissors to cut out shape. From Letter Stickers peel “OUR UNIVERSE” letters and position on paper banner as shown. (Tip: To plan letters so that colors can vary, rough-cut apart letters at least ¼” away letter edges, cutting through both sticker and release paper layers. This allows you to plan without attaching until you’ve decided which colors of letters to use.) Then, in a well-ventilated, newspaper covered area, lightly spray banner with Glitter Spray. Set aside to dry.
3. Gather printed materials and information. Plan placement on Foam Board. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer to trim materials and reposition, planning for areas of greater importance to (later) be more dimensional than other areas that are glued directly to board. With those items and title banner, use CraftBond™ Glue Tape Runner, Permanent, close to edges and attach. (Tip: Use 12” metal ruler to measure from edge to position items so they are straight.)
4. For items that will extend out, use CraftBond™ All Purpose Glue Stick to mount sheet to Elmer's® 3/16" thick Foam Board. Ask an adult to use X-ACTO® Designer Series Gripster® Knife (with new blade), 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat and 12" Metal Ruler to cut out. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.) Use Glue Stick to attach mounted pieces (Foam Board to Foam Board). Repeat with other dimensional items.
5. Arrange stickers in open areas of Display Board, overlapping content if desired.
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.