Create a dog house for your favorite stuffed dog!
- Elmer’s Glue-All™
- Elmer’s 3D Washable Paint Pens™
- Small Shoe Box
- Construction Paper
- Small Stuffed Dog
1. Cover a shoe box with construction paper. Glue the construction paper to the box. Let the glue dry completely.
2. Turn the box upside-down so that the open top is facing down. Cut out an arched doorway on one side of the shoe box.
3. Fold a sheet of construction paper in half to form the roof. Size the paper to fit the box. Allow a bit of the paper to hang over the sides of the box. Decorate the roof by painting shingles on it. Let the paint dry completely.
4. Glue the roof to the box. Let the glue dry completely.
5. Decorate the shoe box using Elmer’s 3D Washable Paint Pens™. Let the paint dry completely.
6. Introduce your favorite stuffed animal to its new home!
• Have students write a short story about a memory of their favorite pet. If students do not have a pet, encourage them to write a story about an imaginary one.
• Ask students to brainstorm a list of names for a pet dog. Encourage students to come up with traditional names and names that are more unique. Hang up the list in your classroom.
• Ask students to discuss the responsibility of caring for a pet. Have students list all of the things a pet needs to live healthily and happily.