- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup applesauce (this is the size of a single serving pack)
- 3 Tbsp. Elmer’s Glue-All
You can use whole cloves as decoration and for additional scent.
- In a medium bowl, mix cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add applesauce and glue.
- Work mixture with hands for 2-3 minutes, until dough is smooth.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Roll out each portion to ¼” thickness.
- Cut dough with cookie cutters and make a small hole in top of each with a toothpick.
- Place cutouts on a wire rack to dry at room temperature for several days, turning once each day for even drying.
- When dry, thread string or ribbon through hole in each ornament.
Makes about 32 ornaments, depending on size.
NOTE: These are NOT edible.