- Use X-ACTO® Axent™ Knife (with new blade) and Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler on 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut one 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" and one 8" x 11" Foam Board pieces. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blade often.)
- On 8” x 11 piece, use pencil and Metal Ruler to measure and mark 3/4" from each outside edge to draw 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" center opening. Use Axent™ Knife and Metal Ruler on Cutting Mat to cut out center opening.
Similarly, on 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" piece, measure, mark and cut 1 1/2" in from each outside edge, to make same size center opening as first piece.
Similarly, on 11" x 14" piece, measure, mark and cut 2 1/4" in from each outside edge, to make same size center opening as other piece.
Set aside fourth 11" x 14" Foam Board for backing.
- On newspaper-covered surface, use paint brush to apply Glue-All® Multi-Purpose Glue to top surface of frame pieces (with center openings). Let dry until tacky to touch. Then use Indian Turquoise paint to paint top and side edges of 8" x 11" frame, Slate Grey for 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" frame and Hauser Light Green for 11" x 14" frame and backing Foam Board. (Note: Paint will crackle as it dries.) Let thoroughly dry.
- Referring to photo, stack frames and backing, matching center openings. Apply generous amount of Board Mate™ Glue to back of each frame piece and reassemble. Turn frame upside down on work surface and use heavy book or object to weight down while drying. Let dry.
- Use photocopier to increase tree pattern 15% so tree fits on 12" x 12" cardstock. (Note: Copy and piece together 8 1/2" x 11" paper using transparent tape.) Tape pattern to cardstock and set on 12" x 12" Cutting Mat.
- 6. Use Axent™ Knife to cut through both pattern and cardstock layers, working from tree trunk out to branches and twigs. (Tip: Cut on both sides of branches as you move out to twigs, always pulling knife toward you.) Tear away pattern as you go, if desired.
- Place tree on frame, allowing branches to extend over frame for 3D effect. Use Board Mate™ Glue to spot glue tree at contact points on frame.
- For hanger on back, measure and mark 2” down from top center. Slightly separate curved end of paper clip 1/4". On mark, use Board Mate™ Glue to glue bottom half of paper clip with shorter loop down, creating hanger loop with longer end of paper clip. Glue 2" square scrap paper, over glued end of paper clip. Let dry before hanging.
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.