- Round the outer corners of the foam board so they resemble a composition journal with scissors.
- Split the board in half with a craft knife.
- Coat each of the outside covers with glue stick and adhere a panel of fabric. Trim excess fabric around the edge.
- Coat the inside covers with glue stick and adhere school themed scrap book paper. Trim away excess paper with craft knife.
- Seal the left edge on each cover with duct tape.
- Cut the inside pages to measure 8 3/4" by 11 3/4". Lay two pages side by side and place a piece of duct tape down the center, connecting the two.
- Turn the piece on the right over (as if you're turning the page in a book) and place a new piece on the right. Repeat connecting to the other pages with duct tape.
- When you have the desired number of pages, connect them to the front cover with duct tape like you have been.
- Place all the pieces together and put another strip of duct tape over the outside biding.
- Finish connecting the back page to the back cover.
- Decorate the cover like a composition notebook adding book border and "1st Day Journal" stickers.
- Fill the inside with great memories of the 1st day of school.
Designed by Candie Cooper