School Memories Box
Decorate a box to keep your child's artwork, special projects, papers and good grade reports throughout the year. (Hint: If you make it at the beginning of the year, those papers will have a home!)
Time Needed: 1 hour
Appropriate For: 1st Day of School
Supplies Needed for School Memories Box:
- Washable School Glue Stick (Disappearing Purple)
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Blue
- The Paper Company™ / TCP Studio™, Back to School™ Collection: 12" x 12" scrapbook paper: "School Buses", "Scattered Pencils", "An Apple A Day"; "School Days", two "Computer Class" and two "Ruler Stripe"; Sticker sheet too coordinate
- 2 1/2" x 12" x 20" box with lid (or size of your choice)
- 4" x 6" photos: One vertical close-up of child, four horizontal and one vertical classroom photos.
Instructions for School Memories Box
1. Use Elmer's® Washable School Glue Stick to attach two "Computer Class" papers side by side, to box lid. With X-ACTO® 8" Scissors, cut two 1 1/2" x 12" pieces "Ruler Stripe" (cutting rows of blue "school is fun", ruler and apples). With Glue Stick, attach two pieces so that they cover top of "Computer Class" papers. From remaining “Ruler Stripe” paper cut two 2” x 12” pieces (cutting rows of ruler, apple and blue numbers). With Glue Stick, attach two pieces to front edge of box.
2. Cut 4 1/2" x 8 3/4" piece "School Buses" paper. Use Glue Stick to attach vertical close-up
photo of child to upper area of paper, leaving room to write title in open space below photo using pencil. Then trace lines with Painters® Marker.
3. From backs of scrapbook papers, choose colors to coordinate with other five photos and cut
4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece for each. Use Glue Stick to mount photos to paper. Referring to photo, position and use Glue Stick to glue mounted photos to lid. Add stickers as desired.
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
Return to Parents' Projects