Dry Erase Board
Remind your kids to clean their room, pick up toys and more with this custom dry erase board for their bedroom, playroom, or anywhere else in the house!
Time Needed: 1 hour
Age(s): 7 to 12
Appropriate For: Every Day, Rainy Day
Supplies Needed for Dry Erase Board:
- Elmer’s® Foam Board – Holographic
- Elmer’s® Dry Erase Foam Board
- Craft Bond® Paper and Fabric Glue
- Craft Bond® Double Sided Scrapbooking Tape – Permanent
- Painters® Paint Markers – Hot Pink
- Designer Masking Tape
- Swirl Glam Glitter Glue
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Craft Knife
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Self-Healing Craft Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 5" Precision Tip Scissors
- 24” of Ribbon
- Large, Colorful Bulldog Clip
Instructions for Dry Erase Board
1. Cut the 20” x 30” piece of holographic foam board in half. Each piece will measure 15” x 20”.
2. Cut a 10” wide strip off one end of the 20” x 30” piece of dry erase foam board then cut 5” from one end so the piece measures 10” x 15”.
3. Cover the edges of the holographic foam board and the dry erase board with designer tape. Make sure the tape extends over the edge to the back of the boards.
4. With edges aligned, create a border around the edge of the dry erase board with designer tape. Using a ruler, outline the inside edge of the tape with the pink painter.
5. Add a little bling to the tape by adding randomly placed dots of swirl glitter glue on top of the tape. Set aside to let dry.
6. Adhere the ends of the ribbon to the back of the holographic foam board with paper and fabric glue. Adhere the dry erase board to the center of the holographic foam board with double sided tape.
7. Clip the bulldog clip at the center of the ribbon for a hanger.
Designed by Julie McGuffee
Return to Parents' Projects