Build a miniature table for your kids
Supplies Needed for Miniature Table:
- A (1) Cross-member support 3/4" x 4" x 28 1/2"
- B (2) Side pieces 3/4" x 171/2" x 191/4"
- C (1) Top Piece 3/4" x 19" x 32"
- D (4) Angle supports 3/4" x 3 3/4" x 4"
- Wear safety goggles throughout the entire building process. After measuring, cut pine planks according to the sizes specified in the cutting schedule. Avoid using pieces of wood with large knots or imperfections.*
- It will be necessary to edge glue and clamp certain pieces of wood together for greater width. This should be done only for parts B (the sides) and C (the top). Use Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue and pipe clamps.
- Trace patterns (1) and (2) for pieces B and C, respectively. Cut Band C with the band saw. For side pieces (B), drill holes through the board where circles will be cut out. Use the jigsaw or saber saw to cut out holes.
- Rout edges of board A (cross support piece), the edges and hole of board B (the sides), both sides of board C (the top) and curved edges of D boards (angle supports) with a 1/4" radius.
- Referring to Pattern (1), finish nail and glue A (cross support) to B pieces (sides). Using nail set tool, drive nails approximately 1/8" below the surface of the wood and fill indentations with easy-to-use Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Filler.
- Finish nail and glue C (top) to B pieces (sides). Use filler as in step 5.
- Glue and finish pieces to bottom side of table.
- Sand table edges until smooth with the belt sander and sandpaper. Apply finish of choice.
*Please use caution and safety when working with all tools. Elmer's is not responsible for any accidents or injuries incurred during the construction of this project.
Return to DIY-ers' Projects