- Elmer's Foam Board, (2) sheets, White, 20" x 30" x 1/2"
- Craft Bond Tacky Glue
- X-ACTO Gripster Knife (and new blade)
- X-ACTO Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Spray paint: mandarin, saffron, rose hip and basil Color Tool by Design Master
- Spray solvent Mess Master by Design Master
- Brown walnut ink pad
- 12" length of 3/8" wide ribbon, any color
- 3" large bristle brush
- Paper towels
- To make flower shapes for the Wall Flower Decor, use pencil to lightly, free-hand draw approx. 22" and 16" irregular-shaped flowers on Elmer's Foam Board; or locate different sized plates and bowls around house to trace for petals. Similarly, locate bowls to make circles for insides of flowers.
- An adult should use an X-ACTO Knife (with new blade) on an X-ACTO Cutting Mat to cut flower shapes from Foam Board. Steadily cut in clockwise direction (if right-handed) around flowers in a continuous motion. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
- Place flower on table with petal over edge of table and use X-ACTO Knife to carefully slice/carve off irregular pieces from petals' top edges, all around flower. Similarly, slice irregular pieces from flower centers. Continue trimming until irregular look is achieved.
- In a well-ventilated area, protect work surface with newspapers and spray one flower with mandarin paint. To create faux finish, spray solvent on one petal at a time and use a tapping motion of a bristle brush to remove some paint. Wipe brush onto paper towels periodically. Continue using solvent and brushing petals until desired "mottled" look is achieved. (Note: if too much paint is removed reapply paint and redo brush technique.) Let dry. Similarly, spray other flower with rose hip paint and create faux finish. Let dry. Then spray two flower circles saffron and one circle basil and finish with brush technique. Let dry.
- For added dimension, apply walnut ink to edges of all Foam Board pieces. Let dry.
- Glue circles to centers of flowers. For hanger loop, overlap ends of a 6" length of ribbon and use Craft Bond Tacky Glue to glue to top back of flower. Repeat with other flower. Let Wall Flowers dry before hanging.