- Elmer's Foam Board, Green, 20" x 30" x 3/16"
- Craft Bond Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Craft Bond Tacky Glue
- X-ACTO Gripster Knife
- X-ACTO Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- (1) pkg. dimensional stickers Swirly Gigs, Sticko EK Success
- Elmer’s 3D Glitter Paint Pens
- 8" length of silver cord
- Acrylic ruler
- Transparent tape
- Old newspapers
- 1 1/2" x 2" photo
Instructions for Tree Ornament
1. Use pencil to trace patterns for one large and one small tree onto green Foam Board. An adult should use an X-ACTO Knife (with new blade) and acrylic ruler on an X-ACTO Cutting Mat to cut trees. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.) Also, measure, draw and cut 1 1/4" x 1 3/4" vertical rectangle for photo in center of smaller tree. Trim photo as needed and attach to back of opening using tape.
2. Make loop in silver cord and use Craft Bond Tacky Glue to attach ends of loop to top back of small tree. Apply Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to back side of small tree and position on top of front side of large tree, sandwiching loop ends between trees.
3. Add dimension and decoration to Tree Ornament with Elmer’s 3D Glitter Paint Pens and seasonal stickers to decorate small tree. Let Tree Ornament dry before hanging.
Return to Crafters' Projects