Paisley and Polka Dot Pots
Create expensive Designer-look flower pots using Painters® and clay pots.
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Turquoise
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Brown
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Tangerine
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Yellow
- Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Medium Tip: Red
- Design Master® Clear Spray Finish, gloss
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Copy paper
- Old newspapers
- For large pot:
- Terra cotta pot, Brown (new color): one 6" diameter (saucer – optional)
- 1” Mosaic tiles, approx. twenty-one squares: Red, Turquoise, Tangerine, Yellow, Beige and Brown
- For each small pot:
- Terra cotta pot, Brown (new color): 4" diameter (saucer – optional)
- 1” Mosaic tiles, approx. fifteen squares: Red, Turquoise, Tangerine, Yellow, Beige and Brown
(Tip: To erase a line, immediately use damp cotton swab to carefully wipe off while still wet OR let completely dry and paint over it.)
1. For large pot, refer to pattern and practice drawing paisley design on copy paper. On large pot, use Brown and Turquoise Painters® Markers to draw paisley shapes and solidly fill in. Let dry. Referring to pattern and photo, use Painters® to make lines of dots all around paisley shapes. Also with flowers, leaves and polka dots. Fill in any negative spaces on design with additional brown and turquoise dots. (Decide if you want to completely cover the pot, or just paint front.) Let dry overnight to completely set.
In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray with two light coats spray finish. (Note: Spray finish will deepen clay pot color.)
2. For small pots, start with spiral of Turquoise Painters® Marker dots. Use Brown Painters® to make another spiral that fits inside Turquoise one. Repeat, making random spirals all over, both pots.
With one pot, add Yellow Painters® Marker polka dots, let dry and dot inside edge with Brown Painters®. In negative spaces on pot, draw Turquoise circles. Fill in some, dot Red Painters® Marker inside others.
Repeat with other pot, but use Tangerine Painters® Markers for polka dots. (Red dots optional.)
3. In a well-ventilated area, newspaper-covered area, spray pots with two light coats finish. Let dry.
Set glue gun on high setting. Plan and arrange 21 tiles in desired order in front of you. Carefully, apply glue to back of one mosaic tile and attach to rim of large pot. Hold momentarily. Continue gluing a total of approx. 21 tiles, side-by-side around pot. Similarly glue 15 tiles to each smaller pot.
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.