Make a one-of-a-kind backpack, personalized just for you.
- Painters® Paint Markers
- Craft Bond® Tacky glue
- Backpack or canvas tote bag
- Rubber stamps
- Stays-on ink pad
- Plastic lacing (Pepperell Rexlace™)
- Jelly bands (Pepperell)
- Silver letter beads (Horizon Group USA)
- Neon pony beads (Horizon Group USA)
- Sakura® micron permanent fine tip
- 2 Lanyard hooks
- Cord (Pepperell Bonnie)
- Jumbo wood bead (Pepperell)
- Split key ring
- Safety pins
- Craft felt
Instructions for Backpack Embellishments
1. Determine size of patch rectangle according to rubber stamp size. Draw the rectangle on canvas piece with a pencil.
2. Color the rectangle with painter pens---it can be patterned or solid. Leave to dry or use a hair dryer.
3. Stamp design on the rectangle with permanent ink.
4. Color design with paint pens and leave to dry.
5. Outline design with fine tip pen.
6. Cut rectangle out and glue onto felt. Cut felt rectangle leaving a small border.
7. Pin to backpack. Optionally, you can add a plastic lacing tassel with beads to the loop on the safety pin.
1. Cut a piece of plastic lacing 8" and knot to a lanyard clip so both ends are even.
2. String pony beads and letter beads onto both ends of the plastic lacing.
3. Knot pieces of bracelet jellies in between each of the beads and trim.
4. Finish the end of the plastic lacing with an overhand knot.
Rope ID Lanyard:
1. Determine length of lanyard and add 1".
2. Thread the two ends through the key ring. With the ring centered, put the tails through the loop of rope and pull snug.
3. String the wood bead onto the rope end. Glue the ends together and glue the bead over the rope seam.
4. Link badge to lanyard ring with clip.
Designed by Candie Cooper
Return to Crafters' Projects