- (2) Elmer's® Foam Board™, White, 20" x 30" x 1/2"
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Paper Craft Glue Gel
- Elmer's® Painters® Opaque Paint Marker, black
- X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife* with extra blades
- 12" x 12" scrapbook paper, each: Green print, purple print and various papers for hats (one hat for each child)
- (2) 42 x 28 mm oval wiggle eyes
- Black paper crimps for hair
- 6 1/2" length of rick rack, color to coordinate with hat paper, one length per hat
- Plastic spider
- Push Pins
- Cutting mat
- Photocopier with enlarging capabilities
- Paper clip for hanger
- * An adult should use X-ACTO® Craft Knife.
Instructions for Pin the Hat on the Witch
1. Set aside Nose and Hat patterns for now. Trace Head pattern onto Elmer's® Foam Board™. On same Foam Board™, use pencil and ruler to draw 5 1/2" x 10 1/2" rectangle for Sign and
4" x 6" piece for spacer behind sign. An adult should use Elmer's® X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife (with new blade), ruler and cutting mat to cut Foam Board™ pieces. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
2. To wrinkle purple paper, scrunch up and then flatten paper. Use Elmers's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to attach paper to Sign Foam Board™. Ask an adult to use X-ACTO® Knife and cutting mat to trim paper even with Foam Board™ edges. Lightly rub sandpaper over paper to highlight wrinkles. Set aside.
3. Trace Face and Nose pattern onto green paper. Use scissors to cut out. Use Glue Stick to attach Face to Foam Board™. Set Nose aside.
4. Referring to photo, use pencil to lightly sketch letters on Sign. Trace over letters using Elmer's Painters® Opaque Paint Marker. Refer to photo to lightly sketch facial features and go over with Paint Marker. Also use to outline nose. Let dry. Use Elmer's® CraftBond™ Paper Craft Glue Gel to attach wiggle eyes and let dry.
5. Refer to photo to position sign centered, close to bottom of vertical sheet of Foam Board™. Position and use Paper Craft Glue Gel to attach face just above sign. Glue 4" x 6" piece Foam Board™ under Sign (for added dimension).
6. Use Paper Craft Glue Gel to attach paper crimps for hair. Let dry. Use Glue Stick to attach nose to face with tip overlapping sign.
7. Trace hat pattern on various scrapbook papers. (Make one per child playing game.) Cut out with scissors. Position and use Glue Stick to attach rick rack to hats and scissors to trim ends.
8. Using hat for positioning, use Paper Craft Glue Gel to attach spider to Foam Board™. Remove hat to start playing game, using push pins to hold hats. (Game is played like Pin the Tail on the Donkey.)
9. For hanger, on back measure 3” down from top center. Use X-ACTO® Knife to make 1/4" long horizontal slit. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clip 1/4". Insert shorter rounded end up into slit, creating hanger loop with longer end of paper clip. (Hot glue if loose.)
Designed By: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
Return to Crafters' Projects