A fun way to keep notes, messages, coupons and miscellaneous 'stuff' organized!
- CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- CraftBond™ Glue Tape Runner, Permanent
- CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Scallop 4 Pack Decorative Edge Scissors
- 9" x 12 1/2" clipboard
- One each 12" x 12" scrapbook paper: green leaf print, green plaid, brown leaf print
- 3/16" x 5 1/2" x 8" cork sheet
- 42" length of 3/8" wide brown gros-grain ribbon
- 8" length of 3/8" wide brown sheer ribbon
- Two 3/4" green stripe decorative paper clips
- Four 1/2" green stripe decorative push pins
- 1" brown chipboard letters to spell "STUFF"
- Approx. 5" x 7" envelope (to use as pattern)
- Hand drill
Instructions for Clever Clipboard
1. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer to cut papers: 8 1/2" x 10" and 2 3/4" x 4 3/4" green leaf print; 4 1/2" x 10" and 1 3/4" x 3 3/4" green plaid. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series Metal Ruler and pencil to measure and draw 5 1/2" x 8" on cork. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife and 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut cork. Set aside. Retract knife when not in use.
2. Use CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to attach larger green leaf paper to top part of clipboard. Use Retractable Knife to cut around metal clip at top of clipboard. Similarly, use Glue Stick to attach larger green plaid paper at bottom of clipboard. Turn over clipboard onto Cutting Mat and use Retractable Knife to trim paper from curved corners.
3. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors to cut brown ribbon into two 4", one 9" and one 25" lengths. Similarly, use Scissors to cut brown sheer ribbon into two 4" lengths. Use CraftBond™ Permanent Glue Tape Runner to attach 9" ribbon where green leaf and green plaid papers meet. Set other ribbon aside.
4. To make pattern from envelope, carefully pull apart envelope to open and flatten. Use pencil to trace around envelope onto brown leaf print paper. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series 8" Scissors to cut out. Fold brown paper into envelope and use Glue Stick to secure contact areas. Set aside.
5. Use Glue Stick to attach cork to green leaf paper on clipboard. Use CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape to attach envelope onto board under cork.
6. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series Scallop Pack Decorative Edge Scissors (Scallop) to trim around green leaf rectangle. Use Glue Stick to attach green plaid rectangle to green leaf rectangle. Similarly, use Glue Stick to attach word "STUFF" to green plaid rectangle. Use Foam Mounting Tape to attach rectangle to lower right corner on front of brown envelope.
7. For clipboard hanger, use hand drill to drill holes 1" in from sides at top of clipboard.
Thread 25" ribbon through holes on clipboard, tie and knot. Also tie and knot 4" lengths of brown sheer and gros-grain ribbons, to each side of clip at top of clipboard. Place push pins into cork and slide paper clips onto either side of envelope. Hang clipboard to use.
Return to Crafters' Projects